One of our main goals nowadays, aside from making sure you have a pleasant and memorable stay, is to ensure everyone’s safety and health. It is crucial that we ensure a safe work environment for the Roger Smith family and also a comfortable, safe and clean home away from home to our loyal guests.
We went the extra mile training our team and getting familiarized ourselves with this new world. Below are some of the actions we are developing.
- Sending all our guests a pre-arrival email with the Mandatory Traveler Health Form
- Checking temperatures of our guests at arrival and our employees prior to their shifts
- Performing daily screening questionnaires to our staff regarding temperatures and their health
- Placing automatic hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the public areas of the hotel
- Offering Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like masks and gloves to all our guests and employees as it’s required to use them
- Marking the floor at the lobby, public areas and elevators to promote and ensure social distancing
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed in our Front Desk and Henry’s Rooftop Bar
- Having a dedicated person to regularly clean and disinfect all counters, elevators and public areas with high traffic
- Encouraging our guests to set up payment systems before their arrival to have a smoother and more contactless check-in/checkout process.
- Offering the option of having daily housekeeping service. Our team will be more than happy to provide fresh linen and towels when guests do not want service
- Our Housekeeping team is focused on increasing the quality and level of cleanliness to protect themselves and our guests. After every checkout, our rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and remain empty for 24 hours before being occupied again. Magazines, books, guest directories and all other paper amenities have been removed from the rooms to have less touching points. Remote controls, light switches and other essential items will be sanitized daily. Certified cleaning products to fight against Covid-19 will be used to perform the cleaning
- Reducing capacity at our outdoor Rooftop Bar by 50%. Displacing tables and chairs through the space ensuring social distancing. QR codes have been installed on all tables to replace paper menus. Tables and chairs are deeply disinfected after each use.
The above are some actions that the management team has been implementing and we will keep adding new procedures as necessary in accordance with government mandates. We hope to receive feedback from you as we navigate this new era while keeping everyone healthy and safe.
The entire Roger Smith team is excited to welcome you back and ensure a memorable stay.